Madame Sarkozy’s bum.
Traditions, traditions… Let’s talk about… yep: Christmas. In Catalunya, it is tradition to have someone having a poo under your Christmas tree. It is called a Caganer, a shitter. Why? Here is what Wiki says about it:
Possible reasons for placing a man who is in the act of excreting waste in a scene which is widely considered holy include:
- Perceived humor.
- A fun spectacle, especially for children.
- The Caganer, by creating feces, is fertilizing the Earth. However, this is probably an a posteriori explanation, and few cite this reason for including the Caganer in the Nativity scene.
- The Caganer represents the equality of all people: regardless of status, race, or gender, everyone shits.
- Increased naturalism of an otherwise archetypal (thus idealised) story, so that it is more believable, taken literally and seriously.
- The idea that God will manifest himself when he is ready, without regard for whether we human beings are ready or not.
- The caganer reinforces that the infant Jesus is God in human form, with all that being human implies.
So, why not? You can have your own, just click here.
Anyway, being French, I just had to show you Mr. S. and Madame doing it together with their friends Mrs M. and Signore B.
More tradition(al), the Yule log come in all sizes.
What’s your funny or weird Christmas tradition?
This is for My World Tuesday. Click here to see more.