Drumming and jamming, with some soup
Some drummers jamming in Gracia last summer.
OK, about yesterday’s soup… I confess, I wouldn’t eat it either, but the photo is good. Now, here is what in my opinion is the best soup ever: the portuguese stone soup.
- 8 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt broth
- 1 pound linguiça or kielbasa sausage or Spanish chorizo,* diced
- 1 15 1/4-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced ready-cut tomatoes
- 1/2 medium head savoy cabbage, coarsely chopped (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 pound turnips, peeled, diced
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only), chopped
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf